Your makeup is nearly perfect and your hairstyle is a dream— but are your nails the way they are meant to be? Whether you are dying to show off that new polish or eager to look immaculately turned out at your office, perfect nails are important. Here’s a smart nail salon guide to help you cultivate strong, good looking, and healthier nails.
Well, after a good look at what follows, get in touch with the experts at your favorite nail bar or salon – after all, your cuticles deserve the best care and treatment. Right?
Nail Salon and Healthy Nails
Going by the current consumer habits, you may come to the conclusion that the main function of a manicure is to make your nails look good. Contrary to what most women believe, nails serve various physiological purposes as well. Apart from enhancing enhance fine motor skills and touch, they also protect your fingers and toes. Experts connected with reputed salons examine your nails for indications of underlying serious diseases. Citing an example, clubbed nails (in which toes or fingers thicken with nails wrapping around them) are classic signs of chronic heart and lung disorders. This makes it all the more important to keep your nails well groomed and healthy all the time.
Healthy Nail Tips from Nail Salon Experts
Weak nails can be such a pain. They always break when you need them most. So if you are tired of using your own ways of toughening them up, then take a peek into the professional ways of making them stronger and less brittle. With these tips in place, you can look forward to long, well-shaped, and dainty nails—the convenient way.
- Remember to keep your nails short. Short and well-trimmed nails are easier to maintain and do not split or break easily. They are also healthier than their longer counterparts.
- Most of us forget to moisturize our cuticles and nails. Application of moisturizing creams and lotions is essential –and should be done several times across the day. You can consider wearing soft cotton gloves at night to seal in the moisturizer and make your nails look shiny and healthy.
- Before you start applying your preferred nail color, do remember to apply a thin coat of clear nail polish on your nails. This keeps your fingernails moisturized and prevents them from staining.
- Are you fond of changing your nail color every other day? If yes, then avoid using an acetone-based nail polish remover, as it tends to dry up your nails. Using such products more than once a week is harmful for your nails. In a nutshell, limit your use of nail polish remover.
- Consult your medical advisor regarding biotin supplements. Though intake of daily multivitamins or positive changes in your dietary patterns do not guarantee the strengthening of your nails –they certainly go a long way in making them look glossy and much better than before.
Artificial Nails and the Right Nail Salon Health Care
Listed below are effective tips to keep your nails healthy if you like sporting artificial nails for nail designs.
- If you are concerned about the sensitivity of the materials in artificial nails, then you should have one nail treated as a test. Wait for a few days to see if any reaction develops and then go back for the others.
- You should refrain from applying artificial nails if your natural nails or the skin around them is sore, irritated, or infected. Wait for your nails to heal before setting in the artificial ones.
- Read the instructions for do-it-yourself nail sets before applying them. Follow all the directions carefully. In case of allergic reactions or any other injury, contact your doctor immediately. Remember to save the ingredient list for such situations.
- Your artificial nails may be stronger than your natural ones—but they need proper care. They can separate, split, and break. So, try your best to keep them safe and prevent them from bumping or knocking off.
- If your artificial nail separates, immerse the troubled fingertip into rubbing alcohol. This allows you to clean the space between the artificial and natural nails before you proceed to reattach the artificial nail. It also aids in the prevention of infections and other unwarranted disorders.
- Avoid using household glues for treating nail damages. You should only use products specially recommended for the purpose and follow directions to the hilt.
- Refrain from wearing your artificial nails for longer than 3 months at a stretch. Consider removing them for a few weeks to give your nails a rest.
- Keep poisonous substances and your nail glues out of the reach of children.
Nail Salon Safety
To help you decide and understand if your salon provides sanitary nail services, public and nail health experts suggest the following:
- You should stick to salons and parlors that display their current state license and choose to work only with technicians licensed by the state board.
- You should ensure that the tools used by the nail technician are properly sterilized and clean. Do the technicians use autoclaving (heat sterilization) for sterilizing their essential nail implements? Get a clear insight into the cleaning practices of your salon.
- You can also inquire how the salon keeps their foot baths are clean. Ideally, bleach based solutions are used between two clients and their filters are cleaned on a regular basis.
- Do they use a pre-service scrub? Both the client and technician should wash their hands with specially formulated antimicrobial soap solutions — before the nail work begins.
- Is the establishment neat and clean? If not, consider another salon. Smell of fumes and other chemicals means that the facility is poorly ventilated. The odour from nail products can make you feel sick and are harmful to your health.
It’s easy to neglect your nails, but a little care and the right treatment processes can keep them looking healthy and strong. So, go for these tips and get ready to show off your well-kept nails. With your smart and well-equipped nail salon guide in place, you can now gear yourself up to say a big “hello” to your healthier and better looking nails.